- Temple B'nai Israel was founded in 1896, and it has maintained its small-town, tight knit family feel since then. During the school year, we host a student rabbi one weekend a month, with community lay leaders guiding services the other weekends. In the summer, we host Rav Maya Leibovich, the first female reform rabbi from Israel. She leads weekly Friday night services, Sunday "Lunch and Learn", and other events that can be found in the calendar, which is on the newsletter.
- The Temple B'nai Israel Religious School meets on alternate Sundays from 10:00 a.m. until 12:15 p.m during the regular school year. We start with a children's service, then move on to age appropriate classes, followed by a short motzi and bagels. The classes are taught by parent volunteers and focus on learning Hebrew and discussing Jewish history, values, and holidays.
- While Friday night services are open to the entire community, Jewish and otherwise, we do have a membership program. To join, fill out the form in the Membership tab.
- Our library catalog is now online at LibraryThing. All items are available for checkout to members at the Temple. For help with the catalog or finding specific texts, please email Volunteer Librarian Val Meyerson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can send donations or membership paperwork to us at PO Box 2416, Petoskey, MI 49770, or drop them off at the Temple at 505 Michigan St. Sizable donations, such as a stained window purchase, must be discussed with the Board Treasurer, and they will have all further details needed.
We also accept PayPal! To donate, just click the image below.